Improving Molecular Diagnostics Beginning with the Sample
Longhorn Product Line
1. Sample Collection: PrimeStore MTM™, (Molecular Transport Medium) is an industry-changing product.
Sample collection and transport of quality nucleic acid is one of the most challenging components of molecular testing and Next-generation sequencing. Significant time, money and effort are required to get a quality sample to a testing facility. Longhorn has solved the problem with its molecular transport media.
The collection system, PrimeStore MTM™, inactivates microbes including Mycobacterium tuberculosis and every virus ever tested from clinical and environmental specimens and prevents nucleic acid degradation during shipping and storage. DNA/RNA is preserved at ambient temperature without refrigeration or freezing and is therefore suitable for all aspects of sample collection to include surveillance and tracking of infectious pathogens in the developing world.
Published studies supported by a variety of organizations to include the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Centers for Disease Control (US), National Institutes of Health (US), PEPFAR, and USAID, have demonstrated PrimeStore MTM’s capabilities for collecting, transporting, and storage for molecular testing of a variety of sample types.
2. Simplified Spin Column Extraction System: PrimeXtract™
3. Novel Bead Based Extraction System: PrimeBeads™
4. Temperature Stable Liquid RT-PCR Mastermix: PrimeMix®, is an all inclusive, one step PCR reagent mix for point of collection detection. It is temperature stable, requires no mixing, can be loaded on PCR plates and pre-staged at ambient temperatures for high through testing. It can also be field deployed.
Current PrimeMix® Assays:
- M. tuberculosis complex (clinically validated, more senstive then Xpert MTB/RIF on culture negative specimens)
- Influenza A or B (clinically validated, Prior FDA EUA Authorized)
- Subtype: H1, H3, H5, H1/09 (Prior FDA EUA Authorized)