State-of-the-Art Molecular Testing Deserves a Better Specimen
PrimeStore™ MTM is an innovative novel specimen collection and preservation solution for molecular diagnostics (including improving the sensitivity of the Xpert® MTB/RIF in low copy samples). It has been proven ideal for the collection, transportation, and preservation of human, animal, and plant speciments for molecular testing.
Obtaining high quality nucleic acid (RNA/DNA) is the first and most critical step in molecular detection.
PrimeStore™ MTM is a collection, storage and transport system that maintains the integrity of the nucleic acids while killing viruses and bacteria. Specimens can be stored or transported frozen, refrigerated or at ambient temperatures.
PrimeStore™ MTM inactivates and lyses biological specimens and preserves the nucleic acids (RNA/DNA) in a single collection vessel.
PrimeStore™ MTM has the ability to achieve all of the desirable functions in a single-step formulation, and is a marked improvement over other collection and storage solutions. Presently existing technologies do not include a single-step composition that provides for inactivation of biological components containing nucleic acids, release of nucleic acids through lysis of cells and separation or release of nucleic acids, and maintenance of the integrity of the nucleic acids. The one-step formulations allows for near simultaneous inactivation of biological components, separation or release of nucleic acids and preservation of RNA/DNA
PrimeStore™ MTM is optimized to:
- Obtain high quality nucleic acids (RNA/DNA) from clinical or environmental specimens
- Stabilize and preserve 'naked' RNA/DNA for prolonged time periods
- Inactivate infectious biological pathogens for safe handling and transport
- Be compatible with commercially available RNA/DNA isolation kits
- Allow storage or transport of specimens either frozen, refrigerated or at ambient temperatures
- To Preserve RNA/DNA through Multple Freeze/Thaw cyles